My Leadership in Action
- Dedication to serving the needs of each student in the Ames Community School District
- Proven integrity to vote in the direction that best serves the students and staff in the district
- Leadership style that supports continuous improvement
- Long-term perspective of student programs, facilities, and finances of the district
- Steady leadership during personnel transitions
- Thoughtfully and intentionally engage in difficult conversations
A measurement of success is not an individual metric, but what we accomplish as a team. I am proud of our work during my tenure on the school board.
- Development of our district’s purpose and priorities to guide our leaders in their work
including a focus on educational equity and improvement, clear and consistent communication,
and the mental health and well-being of our students
- Successful passage of a bond referendum to build a new high school
- Prudently managing the district’s financial resources
Building upon the foundation set by previous leaders, the district is well positioned to support all of our students. I look forward to the opportunities ahead as we implement improved metrics
and strategies to provide the best possible learning environment for all students in the district.
- I have the knowledge and experience to ensure our future actions align with implementation
strategies discussed at the point of the vote.
- I am driven to develop metrics related to district initiatives so we can support our leadership in
following through on priorities
- I am dedicated to ensuring long-term financial planning with a focus on supporting sustainable